Inclusion vs. Diversity in Your Organization
- Mary Ann Downey, Principal, HR Metrics Coach
- Jacqueline Robertson, Senior Director, Diversity W.W. Grainger
It has been twelve years since Katz & Miller's book, "The Inclusion Breakthrough" and the concept of inclusion is still not widely understood. For many “inclusion” remains a synonym for “diversity”. In this webcast Jacqueline Robertson, Senior Director of Diversity at W.W. Grainger and Mary Ann Downey, Principal at HR Metrics Coach, will provide a framework on how to think about inclusion and diversity, and how they fit together.
They will share real examples on how different organizations define inclusion and diversity and provide global context on how inclusion and diversity are perceived outside of the U.S. They will also share techniques they have used to get past the barriers of understanding inclusion vs. diversity.
- Learn the framework to understand inclusion.
- Gain knowledge of the different definitions for inclusion and diversity, and how to determine the right definition for your organization.
- Learn techniques that will help you communicate what inclusion and diversity means in your organization.